The title is correct I’ve been nominated for the Liebster Awards!
First, I have to thank my friend Penny Hooper (check her site out here) for nominating me for the Liebster award. Check out her blog and if you have money go hereto buy her book It’s My Mistake on Amazon.
Second, I’m new to the Liebster awards, but it’s an award to help bloggers gain exposure. I’ve been looking at their website and it’s very detailed about what it is. I’ll include the link below Liebster Awards
My original plan for my blog was just a way to share upcoming works. I’ve upped my presence on here because writing a post on here when I can has helped me to write more frequently. I know some say “blogging doesn’t count” when you’re writing, but this blog has helped me keep my goals for this year in tact.
Here’s the picture for the Liebster awards
What makes me passionate about blogging?
It has helped me keep my goals in tact for 2018. I made a promise to release 5 books this year. Writing this blog has not only kept my readers updated, it’s also been a reminder to me of what I am trying to do as a writer. I’m sure if I didn’t have this blog, I doubt I’d be keeping my five book promise for the year.
10 random facts about myself
- I’m left-handed
- My first published poem was at the age of 13, I was 13 when Twin Towers fell. I was told to do a project and I wrote a poem that was published in my school newsletter and the local newspaper.
- Even though I’m a writer, I went to school to study business
- 2018 is a year of many firsts for me as a writer (first poetry reading, first magazine appearance, first novel, etc.)
- I’m an only child
- My favorite author is Neil Gaiman
- When I saw my poetry book The Paradox Complex was receiving 5 star reviews on Amazon, I cried (personal book and suffered delays, I was very happy)
- I work WAY ahead (I’m getting ready to release book three of five this year and I’m already lining up releases, appearances, and events for 2019!)
- I designed the cover of my poetry book The Paradox Complex by taking a picture of a garbage stain on the sidewalk and designed everything based off the picture I took with my phone
- This December will be 10 years since the release of my first self-published book
- My first nomination is Jensen Reed, she is always sharing the works of other in addition to her own. Easily one of the most encouraging authors I know her site is authorjensenreed.wordpress.com
- My second nomination is Ammar Habib, he did my first interview before I began my five book rollout this year. He’s not only been supportive, he has checked with me on updates regarding my work. His blog is https://ammarhabibblog.wordpress.com/
- My third nomination is Holly at https://selfwellnesschronicles.wordpress.com/ I’ll be honest, this is a bias nomination given she’s a friend of mine but I believe her site has material people really need to read. There’s stuff on her site that’s helped me regarding my own personal mental health
- My fourth nomination is Hannah at https://dorsetbookdetective.wordpress.com/ I met her through Twitter and she interviewed me for her site. After checking out her blog, she’s very detailed, thorough, and she has a lot of variety on her site.
- Finally, for nominating me, I’m nominating Penny at pennyhooperblog.wordpress.com I have met many writers over the years and I don’t always get to talk to everyone. Penny is one of the exceptions. I’ve only read the first few chapters of her book but I can say she’s a great writer and a great friend as well.
Here are the Rules
What to do if nominated for a Liebster Award
Back in 2011 the rules were a simple case of acknowledgement of the nominator and to nominate 5 more. Now in 2018 it is a little more involved and will continue to evolve as blogging becomes more accessible.
If you have been nominated for The Liebster Award AND YOU CHOOSE TO ACCEPT IT, or you chose to start a blog post about the Liebster award; you should do the following:
Thank the person who nominated you, and put a link to their blog on your blog. Try to include a little promotion for the person who nominated you. They will thank you for it and those who you nominate will also help you out as well.
Display the award on your blog — by including it in your post and/or displaying it using a “widget” or a “gadget”. (Note that the best way to do this is to save the image to your own computer and then upload it to your blog post.) At the bottom of this post, I’ve included a whole lot of images you can use for your 2017 Liebster Award.
For the 2018 Liebster Award, I will be shaking things up! Write a small post about what makes you passionate about blog posting.
Provide 10 random facts about yourself. (Again this year I’m making this optional. If you wish to engage with your readers it’s a great idea to include random facts about you.)
Nominate 5 – 11 blogs that you feel would enjoy blogging about this award the award.
List these rules in your post (You can copy and paste from here or simply link to this post.) Once you have written and published it, you then have to:
Inform the people/blogs that you nominated that they have been nominated for the Liebster award and provide a link for them to your post or mine if you don’t have all the information so that they can learn about it (they might not have ever heard of it! Post a comment in the comments below so I can view your post and check out your blog. I personally visit each and everyone. I visited a few hundred last year!!
If you have been nominated before at any time please share the love. Many people believe the Liebster award is similar to a chain email/letter and sure it shares similarities but the underlining idea is to help promote each others’ blogs.
Answers to previous questions
What would your dream job be? I would not only write, I’d like to also help other authors get noticed as well
Your best book? My best book is my second novel, which has yet to be released. It’s a story about a family down on their luck and what their seven year old daughter does to help the family
Best blog post? My poem “Flawed Masterpiece” it’s the most viewed and most well-received
Dream Holiday? Japan, a lot of my interests are inspired by or are from Japanese culture. I’d love to go over there one day and take everything in
Do you write to music? I write sometimes while listening to Hans Zimmer or Lindsey Stirling. Other than those two, I try not to listen to music because it can be distracting
Three Favorite Movies The Matrix, Batman Returns, Scarface
Thank you Penny for the nomination and to those I nominated feel free to answer the same questions I answered. Although I do have one more question for you all to answer
Name your three favorite books
Wish everyone the best!